Friday, April 3, 2009



Little miss Baylee Rae. Baylee has been struggling with her walking. Now she is at a point where we have to go with afos that are higher on her legs for more support. We also are ordering a walker, at first this was suppose to be for occasional support, and now for her safety she will have to use it on a regular basis. She has worn the knees out on a lot of her pants from crawling, and you can tell her confidence in walking is not there. Baylee seems to adjust fine, but for some reason it has been harder on me. When we struggle with things in our life it makes us stronger, but to see our kids struggle breaks my heart. I worry about the things to come with her lose of walking. I am amazed at the faith this little child must have to be willing to come to this earth and face these challenges. I am proud to be her mother. I love my kids.

8 comments:

Cody and Jill said...

wow kristy you are such a wonderful mother and she is so blessed to have you to be there with her as she goes through the challenges. I hope all goes well with her.

TriStateIBA said...

Kristy - I'm sorry. I sat here and cried. I wish you and your family didn't have to go through tough times. I am so glad Heavenly Father gave us "Ba". I love her big hugs! I love you and your family lots!
Con

Shauna said...

I am sorry, but I am so glad that we have things available to help her and if you ever need to vent, I am a lot cheaper than a therapist!! love you, Shauna

GregOlsen said...

I have been working on a theory that we are here for two purposes: to suffer and to serve. It is hard to watch Baylee suffer, but look at how her suffering allows us ways to show more love. I feel a special bond with her because of her illness, and her ever-returning smile always makes me laugh, as well as provides me with inspiration to smile through my own (much more trivial) suffering. Be proud of who she is and her successes will outweigh her obstacles.

Kristy said...

I appreciate all your support. I know Heavenly Father was looking out for me by sending me the best family and friends. I love you all!!!

Lori said...

Kristy, we all love Baylee so much. She has a place in my heart that only Baylee can fill. Otherwise that place would remain empty. This is reserved for those who remind us of our purpose on earth. I have distinctly felt my Heavenly Father's love a few times, and one of those moments, I was holding Baylee. There is only one home she could be sent to. Your home. You are someone that Heavenly Father loves so much that he would entrust you with Baylee. She is one of his perfect angels, who needs you, Jasen, Riley, Kynslee,Gracee, and a whole bunch of extended family to help her with her earthly trials. Two things I know for certainty; Baylee is happy and Baylee is loved. I love you. Your favorite sister!

Jill said...

You are such a strong person! We are always thinking of you! Love you guys!

Janalee, Ryan, Emilee said...

She is such a little person with such a big influence. My heart aches for her earthly challenges, and I think that she must be one of the bravest spirits I know!